The new £1 coin entered circulation on 28th March 2017. The round £1 coin will cease to be legal tender after 15th October 2017, so be sure to spend yours before then. However, if you do find any after 15th October, you can still return them to your bank.
Any coin handling equipment should be updated to accept the new £1 by then. This includes a wide array of products including vending machines, parking meters, shopping trolleys and lockers.
If your business operates coin return or retain lockers, you may be wondering what your options are:
- If you have bought the lockers recently, they will already have a coin lock that is compatible with both the old and the new £1 coin.
- Have the locks on your lockers replaced – ideal for lockers that don’t need replacing yet and a cost-saving option.
- Provide your customers with tokens that are compatible with the £1 coin lock. Branded promotional tokens are also a great opportunity for promoting your business.
- If your lockers are due an upgrade, now is a great time to invest in new lockers for your business.
We offer a wide range of lockers suitable for all environments, including schools, leisure centres and industrial workplaces:
- School lockers
- Laptop charging lockers
- Cube lockers
- Plastic lockers
- Executive and golf lockers
- Personnel lockers
How We Can Help
If you would like to replace the locks on your coin return or retain lockers, or if you would like to upgrade to new lockers, get in touch with us on 0800 083 0953. Our experienced team of product advisors will find the right solution for your business and discuss all available options with you.