We hope the following information answers any queries you may have, but if you do have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Information about us
For all services provided, Complete Storage & Interiors Limited (“CSI”) is the controller responsible for your personal data and the company which is responsible for your privacy.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
1. We collect (and you provide us with) various pieces of personal information which we may use in several different ways:
- Your name and contact details – these are used to:
- Process your orders and deliver your purchases, forming part of our purchase contract with you. We must use this information to provide instruction to suppliers and to couriers on how to deliver your products
- Send you service messages by email, post, text or through our website and applications, to keep you up to date with the progress of your orders
- Send you information via email, SMS and post – to keep you up to date with relevant products, services, offers or notifications. We only do this with your permission, which you can remove at any time
- Prevent and detect fraud against either yourself or CSI
- Make you aware of the latest products available by showing you adverts as you browse the web
- Contact you intermittently to ensure that we are meeting your requirements and to allow us to make improvements to our product and service offerings
- Your date of birth information – this is used to:
- Help protect your account and ourselves from fraudulent activity
- Your payment information – this is used to:
- Help protect your account and ourselves from fraudulent activity
- Take payment and give refunds, so we can perform our contract with you and fulfil our customer service duties to you
- Ensure communications are relevant, so that our messaging can be aligned to the various payment systems our customers use
- Your contact history with us (email, social media or telephone communications) – this information is used to:
- Allow us to provide customer service and support; essential for providing core customer service duties, such as tracking down orders
- Train our staff, using interaction information examples as training material
- Inform marketing communications and future planning decisions
- Purchase history – this information is used to:
- Handle returns and provide customer service and support; this information is essential when it comes to performing our duties as part of our contract with you and to provide a positive customer experience
- Allow us to better identify what you and other customers are interested in, so we can optimise our website experience and plan future product range amendments
- Device information (phone, laptop, desktop or tablet), including current location (if you choose to share this) and data on how you use our website and applications – this is used to:
- Improve our website and set default experiences for you (such as language, age verification or login status) by providing us with a clear understanding of how our website is used
- Prevent and detect against fraud to either you or CSI; this is also essential in order for us to meet our legal obligations for looking after your data
- Your responses to feedback requests, surveys, competitions and promotions – these are used to:
- Pick winners
- Take feedback on board
- Help us improve our methods of interacting with customers
2. You don’t have to give us all of this information, but some of it is necessary so that we can perform our contract obligations with you. You may not be able to buy from the website, or receive an optimal customer experience if you withhold certain information or opt out of various communication types and methods; however, we will do our best to honour your decisions and will always strive to uphold strict policies and processes to protect your data.
3. We take steps to anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our website and other online properties and developing new products and services. We may share this with third parties whose products are or may become available on our website or who provide us with support in conducting business and service improvements.
Sharing your information
4. We do not and will not sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or payment information.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Suppliers of products on the website; where you buy direct or if there is any need for ongoing services such as refunds, replacements or warranty issues
- Companies that work in support of CSI, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, web development and optimisation partners, database administrators, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business and need this information to help us do better things
- Government entities, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud and comply with legislation
- Companies approved by you, such as payment providers who may link an account to your CSI account
5. We may also provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers; before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
6. If you register an account with CSI, we think that knowing about the products and services we can offer is a fundamental benefit of your account. When you register, we will send you marketing messages unless you ask us not to, which you can do immediately or at any time.
7. If you buy from us but do not wish to have an account we will only send you marketing messages if you give your consent.
8. We may send you marketing messages by email, post, text and push notification to keep you aware of the latest news from CSI. You can choose whether or not to receive them in any of these ways by using your account settings on our website, which will help you control all your notification settings.
How to stop marketing messages
9. If you don’t want to receive marketing messages from us, in a specific way or at all, the best way to do this is via your account settings on our website, which will help you control all your notification settings.
10. You can edit your marketing messaging settings by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe links in any emails or SMS messaging
- Contacting the CSI team on:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 08082392443 – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm UK time, excluding bank and public holiday
Once you have done this we will make sure your profile is updated and you don’t receive unwanted marketing materials from us. Please note, due to our technical set up, the impacts of any changes may take up to 48 hours to take effect – in the meantime, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
CSI advertising online
11. CSI engage in online advertising to attract new customers, to keep you aware of what we are up to and to help you find and see our products.
12. Like many other companies, we target banners and ads to you when you are on other websites, applications and search engines. This is achieved using a variety of digital marketing techniques, including ad exchanges and marketing networks using several advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks. We adhere to all advertiser policies and stick to strict rules and regulations set out by several advertising standards bodies, as well as alcohol and spirits marketing policies.
13. The banners and ads you will see are based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of our website; this includes information from the products you may have browsed on the website, the content you have engaged with or the advertising you may have previously responded to.
Keeping your information, data sharing and transfers
14. Retention:We shall retain information as necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce our terms and conditions. We may also need to keep your details if you have asked us not to contact you with marketing, to ensure that you do not accidentally hear from us again.
15. Transfers:We need to share your data with other companies who process it to provide services for CSI. Some of our data processors may process data we provide to them outside of the EU. We will protect your privacy and rights in the contracts we hold with our processors.
16. You have a number of rights that relate to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used – as set out in this notice
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing or collecting it, in some circumstances (except for any legal circumstances where we must retain the information)
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise these rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
17. We may make changes to this page from time to time to reflect how we are processing data. If we make significant changes, we will make this clear via the website or other communication. In these circumstances we will need to use personal contact details to get in touch with you.
18. We use various forms of cookies to improve your experience of using this website and to optimise our range of products and services. A cookie is a text file placed on a user’s computer.
19. Keeping your information secure and adhering to privacy regulations is very important to us; as such, we support the requirements of current UK and EU data protection regulations and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected at all times.
20. This website may use the following types of cookies:
- Essential:These cookies are necessary to enable you to access our information and make optimal use of our shopping cart and other services
- Functionality:These cookies are used to personalise our content and remember your user preferences
- Analytical:These cookies are used to help us understand more about how our site is used by visitors and to develop and enhance our services to you
- Targeting:These are cookies which record your visits to our site, pages that you have visited and any links that you have followed to deliver website content and advertising which best suits you and your interests. We may share this information with third party vendors, such as Google, for these purposes
21. You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser; to find out more information on how to control this, you can access the help menu of your browser.
22. We use 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
23. You may wish to delete cookies at any time, however, this may have an impact on your website user experience, as you may lose information on items like your user preferences and cart contents.
24. We recommend that you keep your internet browser up-to-date and that you consult the help files provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about making adjustments to your privacy settings.
How to stop the use of your personal information for direct marketing
25. We don’t want to send our customers any communications they don’t want to receive. We’d like to hear from you:
- If you feel like we could have provided a better service
- If you have any specific questions or concerns about this policy or other supporting documents
- If you would like us to stop using your information
- If you want to exercise your rights as set out in this document
- If you would like to make a complaint
26. You can get in touch via our email@example.com address which will put you straight in touch with the members of staff who manage data privacy and security. Alternatively, you can contact us via the usual customer service points of contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 08082392443 – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm UK time, excluding bank and public holidays
- Or by writing to us at: Complete Storage & Interiors Limited, 3 Dunlop Court, Deans Industrial Estate, Livingston, EH54 8SL