(Video Source: BBC)
Recent data indicates that the estimated nationwide vacancy rate for warehouses over 100,000 square feet currently stands at just 6.8% (Source: Savills for BBC Newsnight). With many UK businesses now running close to capacity, this leaves almost no space left to cope with the rapid growth in demand for warehouse storage which has been stimulated by factors such as pre-Brexit stockpiling and an increased number of online retailers coming onto the market. To take on these challenges, it is vital for UK businesses to implement strategies which will help combat this growing issue.
How can UK businesses manage the warehousing shortage?
At this stage, the most efficient and low-cost solution to the warehouse shortage is to ensure that your warehouse is optimised for maximum capacity. There are several ways to achieve this:
- Evaluate space utilisation and identify any unused space
- Carefully review existing processes and improve productivity
- Analyse warehouse layout – can it be designed more efficiently?
- Make use of any vertical space
- Streamline your inventory
Contact a CSI Warehouse Storage expert who can help to ensure that everything is operating at optimal efficiency and work with you to identify the best way to optimise your existing warehouse storage equipment going forward.
How can CSI help?
CSI is an industrial storage company with a UK-wide reach, offering a range of services from design and planning to the supply and installation of custom-fit and bespoke storage systems.
As a SEMA Approved Installation Company (SAIC), SEMA Distributor Company (SDC) with SEMA Approved Rack Inspectors (SARI) – and as the UK’s only Dexion Platinum Certified Partner Distributor, CSI is an industry leader in the provision of industrial storage.
At CSI we fully understand the current challenges facing businesses in the run up to October.
Storage solution recommendations
At CSI there are a number of systems we can recommend that will allow you to maximise storage capacity and increase operational efficiency. These include, but are not limited to:
MOVO Mobile Pallet Racking
Dexion’s P90 MOVO mobile pallet racking system is a high density storage product designed to carry bay loads of up to 24 tonnes whilst maximising warehouse floor space for optimum efficiency.
- Save up to 50% of the space required by conventional pallet racking
- Full access to all pallets
- Suitable for all types of goods including cold stores
- Racking heights of up to 12 metres
- State-of-the-art sensor technology with variable control options
Pallet Shuttle System
Dexion’s Pallet Shuttle System is a semi-automated warehouse system that benefits from all the advantages of drive-in racking whilst offering better flexibility and faster handling.
- Cost effective and time saving
- Reduces the need for special forklifts
- Precision handling
- Remotely controlled
- Works both as First In, First Out (FIFO) or as Last In, First Out (LIFO)
- Suitable for ambient and cold environments
Tornado Lift System
Dexion’s Tornado Lift System offers increased storage capacity and improved operator workflow due to reduced picking times and minimised errors.
- Easy to customise, energy-efficient and simple to use
- Can increase storage capacity by 70%
- Pick-by-light system and optimal operator guidance
- Can reduce picking times by up to 65%
- Minimises picking errors
- Ideal for seasonal goods